THE MAIN ENGINE ROOM

Thoughts and Ramblings, from a long-time Sci Fi freak. !!WARNING!! Sometimes political commentary may sneak though!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baptist Pastors Prayed for Obama Death on Presidents Day

Oh, geeze.........

Let me start this, by saying that I don't follow the Christian religion. I'm not Jewish, I'm not Muslim---I just don't have a centered belief, although I consider myself spiritual. I don't judge people by their religion any more than I judge them by their skin---similar to what the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. asked us to do. I judge people by their words and deeds, even though I probably shouldn't judge at all.

Well, it seems that sometimes, I can't help but judge people's stupidity.

In Arizona, 'preachers' (and I use that term, VERY loosely) Steven L. Anderson and Wiley Drake had a bit of a 'Prayer Vigil', praying that Obama dies of brain cancer. The reason? They see him as something of an evil sort, who pretty much needs to be taken out of office. Nice, eh?
I especially like the quote Wiley uses if anyone is bothered by this: "I’m praying the word of God. I didn’t write it. Don’t get mad at me.”

In other words, because Obama didn't say God wanted him to be in office, God wants him to die? Is that what they're saying?

Look, I know why these jackholes and the others are going off like this; it really doesn't take a literal rocket scientist to figure it out. They're SCARED. Scared of the fact that white guys got this country into this hole, and a black guy might just be able to fix the mess and get us back on track. It plays against the ideas they have of 'White Infallibility': that "WE can do no wrong; and if, by chance, something DOES go wrong, WE are the ONLY ones who can fix it!"
Why do you think the Repubs keep touting "Only WE can fix what's wrong with the country!" Of course they have first-hand knowledge about what's wrong...they're the ones who did it! It's like a mechanic telling you after you get your car back and still have troubles, "I know exactly what's wrong; bring it back and I can fix it."
"I didn't have this trouble when I brought it to you. You did something to it!"
"Exactly! That's how I know what's wrong!"

Would you trust this guy to work on your car? Or would you go someplace else?

That's what we have to look forward to, in the next elections: People who want to fix the problem, because they WANT to help, versus people who will fix what's wrong, simply because they don't want to admit they're the ones who broke it in the first place.

By the way....the Repubs haven't come out against these afore-mentioned tools about Obama's 'curse'. Guess they'll fix that, too....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tremas said...

WHo knows, I might even be writing it from there....

I swear (well, I would say, 'to God', but He seems to be busy listening to crazy people) that these 'holes are a danger.

The dumbest thing? A lot of them seem think that, if Obama did in fact leave office for some reason, Palin will automatically be Prez.

In answer to the White Folks query: yes, I am sometimes embarassed to be one... :)

February 19, 2010 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger Persnicketese said...

Holy crap this is depressing. So it's not evil to pray for someone's death. I think God would have something to say about that.

February 25, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Tremas said...

Let's hope so...

You know, ordinarily, I don't wish evil on people, but clowns like these just beg for it.

February 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters